Why Contact Lenses?
More than 3.5 million people in the UK wear contact lenses. So why don't you?
Whether you've never worn lenses before, or perhaps tried a few years ago, wouldn't you like the chance to experience the freedom and comfort that modern contact lenses offer?
Age is most definitely not a barrier. We have a huge patient base which ranges from 8-85 years in age, some of whom wear lenses full time and some just socially or for sports. Children are very much suitable for contact lens wear and we are constantly fitting them with contact lenses which are healthy for the eyes, comfortable and effortless to use. Many of these children have been making the move up into secondray school and it is amazing to see the confidence boost that contact lenses can give.
Benefits of contact lenses
- Vision with contact lenses can be as good as, or better than with spectacles
- Great for sport and leisure activities as they give an unobstructed field of view
- Offer natural all-round vision whilst enhancing your appearance
- They do not mist up, get wet in the rain, smudge or slide down your nose.
- Adaptation is rapid and trouble-free
- Great with higher prescriptions
- They offer a safe, effective, stable, and reversible alternative to refractive surgery
At Potters Bar Eye Care Center our resident optometrist Vishal has specialised in contact lenses and has worn contact lenses for over 20 years. He is an active member of the British Contact Lens association.
There are many different types of contact lenses available on the market. At Potters Bar Eye Care Center we always keep up to date with the latest changes in lens design. We have a long experience of fitting contact lenses going back to the first non gas permeable lenses, through permanent soft lenses to the most up to date varifocal astigmatic disposable lenses. We also supply specialist contact lenses. As an independent practice we are not limited to certain brands of contact lenses. Whatever your lens needs please ask and we should be able to help.